The EpiPredict EU Innovative Training Network focuses on epigenetic regulation of endocrine therapy resistance in breast cancer, an urgent clinical problem. EpiPredict includes 15 (academic and private) organisations from eight different countries, providing unique research training to 12 PhD students. The multidisciplinary fellows will master and apply urgently needed new approaches to address complex diseases taking personalized patient aspects and systems medicine into consideration being equipped to succeed in their careers. Strong involvement of the private sector ensures exploitation of EpiPredict achievements and exposure to an entrepreneurial mind‐set.
- Recruiting for: EpiPredict PhD student position 1
- In the field of: Systems Biology & Computational Biology
- Hosted by: University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- PhD project title: ‘Computational modelling to elucidate (epi)genetic mechanisms of treatment resistance’
- Supervisors: Prof. Hans Westerhoff, Dr Pernette Verschure (Project Coordinator)
- Good experience needed with coarse‐ grained modeling with molecular networks in Biology (See www.EpiPredict.eu for all the other requirements)
- Candidates should apply to the rules for EC’s Marie Skłodowska Curie early‐stage researchers:
- The candidate holds master degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Systems Biology), or will receive this before the appointment date
- The candidate did not obtain a PhD degree
- The candidate received her/his master degree < 4 years before the date of appointment, and
- The candidate can be of any nationality, but at the time of appointment he/she lived/worked < 12 months in the host country during the 3 years immediately prior to the appointment date.
can be found here