The VPHi student committee is a group of active VPHi members, whose aim is to:
- promote the VPHi as a community of practice for both technical support and dissemination via young scientist members
- highlight excellence within the VPHi which additionally provides student members with a label of quality
- generate scientific interactions between junior and senior community members and across VPHi disciplines
- favour mentoring activities between students, and between students and senior researchers of the VPHi
To achieve its goals the student committee organises a number of interesting activities:
- VPHi Keynote webinar series: A series of on line seminars that feature high profile members of the VPH community. This quarterly event provides a forum for access to senior community members and their expert competence for chiefly young scientists, but also to the VPH community as a whole.
- VPHi Summer School: An yearly event that takes place in Barcelona in collaboration with Universitat Pompeu Fabra, whose aim is to develop skills (inside and outside academia) that respond to public and private needs. The Summer School provides a thorough overview and hands-on experience in state-of-the-art VPH research. The key concepts of this methodological and technological framework are presented using illustrative cases and enriched with hands-on analysis under supervision of the experts.
- Mentoring events: These events are designed to enhance the learning experience for PhD students. They are a special opportunity for trainees to meet and network with senior members of the community and receive career advice and insights.
By joining the VPHi Student Committee, you will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with senior researchers, increasing your working network and gaining new skills. You will actively collaborate with VPHi to the implementation of the committee activities, not only having the chance to focus on the topics you're most interested on, but also implementing new exciting initiatives tailored on your specific needs. Finally this experience will surely make your CV more appealing for your future employers.
Open call for Student Chair:
The student committee is currently composed by both senior and student members:
VPHi senior members
- Jerome Noailly – Student Committee chair - University Pompeu Fabra: email@example.com
- Lies Geris - University of Liège; University of Leuven firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vanessa Diaz - University College London: email@example.com
VPHi student members
- Haibo Ni - Manchester University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IIse van Herck - Simula School of Research and Innovation: Ilse@simula.no
- Marcia Raquel da Silva e Sousa Vagos - Simula School of Research and Innovation: email@example.com
- Nima Afshar - Auckland Bioengineering Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Eltes - Budapest National Center for Spinal Disorders: email@example.com
Prof Jerome Noailly was recently appointed Chair of this committee, but we are also looking to appoint up to two student chairs. If you're interested in this opportunity, simply drop us an email (mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief motivation letter.
Application should be sent by 15 April 2017.
Would you like to know more about the benefits connected to the VPHi student membership? Here 10 good reasons to join