Application deadline 21 June 2020
The Mechanical Engineering Department at UCL has funded a number of studentships. For these, within the general scope of the CDT, projects will be more directed towards bioengineering/biomedical engineering with an imaging and AI component. These studentships are open to both, UK and EU nationals. Applicants selected via this route will be able to select a MRes project from a pool of available projects.
The list of available projects cover the following topics:
- Patient specific, AI assisted computational angiography in arteriovenous malformations
- Understanding why peripheral grafts heal and fail, using AI assisted technology based on populations of models
- Localisation and characterisation of abnormalities in the pulmonary circulation in pulmonary hypertension
- Analysis of the left atrial appendage to understand thromboembolic events
- Transurethral shear wave method for prostate cancer diagnosis
- Tracking Internal Cancer Cell Signalling
- High-resolution 3D printed nanosensors and CMOS images for smart gastrointestinal interventions
Value of award: Successful applicants will be awarded a stipend of at least £17,280 (tax free stipend) in line with all the other i4Health CDT applicants as well as fully funded fees at the UK/EU level.
Eligibility: UK/EU/International applicants*. Please note that international applicants will only be offered funded fees up to the level covered for UK/EU students. It is expected that international applicants will cover the difference via other sources.
If you meet the requirements set above you can apply directly by e-mail to the i4Health board member (from Mechanical Engineering) Professor Vanessa Diaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
Individuals in their final year of study should list all modules/grades for which the results are already known.
Deadline: The process will be formally closed on the 21st of June 2020 but applications will be continuously assessed so it is recommend to submit early.
Start date: October 2020
Full information can be found here