Although it is likely that the topics may change considerably between now and the official call launch (planned to take place at the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023), the early publication of the draft texts is meant to allow potential applicants to start building consortia and drafting proposals in advance.
Of particular relevance for the in silico medicine community are the topics contained in IHI call 3 and focused on:
- Screening platform and biomarkers to predict and prevent diseases;
- The use of patient-generated evidence for the development of advanced integrated care solutions
- Boosting the development Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases; and
- The application of digital health technologies in the field of mental disorders personalized management and prevention.
- IHI call 3 will be a single stage call. That means that for projects funded under IHI call 3, consortia will have to submit a full proposal including industry / contributing partners by the deadline (yet to be established).
- The draft topics of relevance for the community to be launched under IHI call 3 are the following:
- Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need: the proposal funded under this topic are expected to support the development advanced analytics/artificial intelligence supporting health R&I, resulting in wider availability of personalised health interventions to end-users.
- Patient generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation: one of the aims of the project funded under this topic will be Developing a framework to integrate patient input – most notably patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs), patient preference information (PPI), and patient-reported experience measures (PREMs).- and patient-generated data (digital health data/digital biomarkers) for use in decision making (regulatory, health economic evaluation, reimbursement, healthcare programme design, tailored prescription of therapies, and technology development),
- Strengthening the European ecosystem for Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases
- Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
To help applicants understand the themes, learn about IHI's policies and procedures, and network with possible project partners, the IHI Programme Office will host webinars, as well as brokerage and pitching events, around the time the call releases.