The VPHi team is happy to celebrate this important occasion with you. The past six years have been intense and full of satisfactions and would not have been possible without your support and contributions. There are a number of important achievements we made, and some of them are surely worth mentioning:
- Thanks to the establishment of strong links with the European Commission, we were able to ensure continued funding opportunities for in silico medicine both in FP7 and H2020 .
- The VPH political recognition has continuously increased and this gave us the opportunity to be appointed as one of the 30 European members that form the e-Health stakeholder group, an EC stakeholder platform that contributes to the development of legislation or policy related to eHealth.
- We contributed to the development of two important roadmaps: the Roadmap for the Digital Patient (Discipulus CSA) and the Roadmap for in silico clinical trials (Avicenna CSA). A second successful outcome of the Avicenna CSA was the creation of an Industrial Association for in silico medicine: the Avicenna Alliance. This difficult task saw the investment of a big share of our energies and resources over the last 2 years, but we successfully reached the goal, and now VPHi holds a 50% representation in the Alliance, alongside with some of the most important companies of the in silico medicine field.
- The VPH conference is growing stronger and has seen a siginificant increase in participation. We are now organising the 3rd conference in Zaragoza on 5-7 Sept 2018 http://vph-conference.org/, so please save the date.
- We have created a student membership, and we are now offering a number of activities specifically addressed at students, such as the VPH Summer School in Barcelona, and a VPHi Keynote Webinar series.
- The leadership of the VPHi board is solid and takes advantage of the contribution of 12 prestigious institutions under the new directorship of Prof Lies Geris.
Thanks you all for having contributed to make this possible and happy birthday to the Institute!