After having successfully organised the first VPH Summer School in Barcelona last year and having greatly contributed to the activities of this new committee, Jerome has been selected as official chair.
The VPHi wishes to congratulate with Prof Noailly for his recent nomination. Jerome is currently the Principal Investigator of the Multiscale and Computational Biomechanics and Mechanobiology (MBIOMM) group at UPF and he is an active member not only of the VPH Institute, but also of the European Society of Biomechanics, being the president of its National Spanish Chapter of the ESB.
Since he started to collaborate with the VPHi student committee he has demonstrated to bring a real value to the group activities, such as to make his nomination as chair a very spontaneous option.
The VPHi student committee is a group of active VPHi members that was established in 2015 whose aim is to:
• promote the VPHi as a community of practice for both technical support and dissemination via young scientist members
• highlight excellence within the VPHi which additionally provides student members with a label of quality
• generate scientific interactions between junior and senior community members and across VPHi disciplines
• favour mentoring activities between students, and between students and senior researchers of the VPHi
In order to achieve its goals the student committee organises a number of interesting activities:
VPHi Keynote webinar series
A series of on line seminars that feature high profile members of the VPH community. This quarterly event provides a forum for access to senior community members and their expert competence for chiefly young scientists, but also to the VPH community as a whole.
VPHi Summer School
An yearly event that takes place in the sunny Barcelona in collaboration with Universitat Pompeu Fabra. The Summer School provides a thorough overview and hands-on experience in state-of-the-art VPH research. The key concepts of this methodological and technological framework are presented using illustrative cases and enriched with hands-on analysis under supervision of the experts. The aim is to develop skills inside and outside academia that respond to public and private needs.
These events are designed to enhance the learning experience for PhD students. They are a special opportunity for trainees to meet and network with senior members of the community and receive career advice and insights.
The committee is composed by both senior and junior members, but the group is open to any VPHi members (especially students :-)) that are interested to contribute to our activities.
VPHi senior members
• Jerome Noailly – Student Committee chair - University Pompeu Fabra: email@example.com
• Lies Geris - University of Liège; University of Leuven firstname.lastname@example.org
• Vanessa Diaz - University College London: email@example.com
• Martina Contin - VPHi: firstname.lastname@example.org
VPHi student members:
• Haibo Ni - Manchester University: email@example.com
• IIse van Herck - Simula School of Research and Innovation: Ilse@simula.no
• Marcia Raquel da Silva e Sousa Vagos - Simula School of Research and Innovation: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nima Afshar - Auckland Bioengineering Institute: email@example.com
• Peter Eltes - Budapest National Center for Spinal Disorders: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive any additional information, contact: email@example.com
Interested to become a student member? Here 10 good reasons to join