On 19 December 2013, the European Commission, DG Sanco, launched the call for tender entitled “Pilot project on the promotion of self-care systems in the European Union“, that champions the enhancement of self-involvement in one’s own healthcare maintenance coupled with the development of effective self-care strategies at both EU and Member State levels.
The objective of the call is to create a platform of experts in self-care and healthcare. However, it is important to note that the issue of a cost/benefit analysis of patient-self care oriented health systems and the transferability of best practices will be carried out by a separate contractor (EAHC/2013/Health/26).
The expert panel will be composed of healthcare providers, patient groups, healthcare professionals, academics, communication experts and stakeholders and shall:
1. Produce guidelines on how to promote self-care within the EU.
2. Take into account the outcome of the call for tender in work plan 2013 of the Health Programme (2008-2013) ”Empowering patients in the management of chronic diseases”. It is noteworthy that the proposal of actions will comprise tangible and concrete policy actions in the field of self-care.
3. Formulate a deadline to assist Member States and Stakeholders in the development of communication tools on self-care.
4. Organise a closing/concluding conference in Brussels, Belgium.
1. An administrative part which specifies reasons for exclusion of candidates from the tender, including the provision of documentation indicating bankruptcy and conflicts of interest.
2. A technical part which indicates the professional capacity of candidates. Moreover, the tender specifies that offers will be accessed with reference to the quality, relevance and management of the tender.
3. A financial part which specifies that the financial risks and benefits from the tender will be assumed by the candidate.
Interested members can find more information about the tender here. The closing date for putting forward a tender is the 28 of February 2014
The closing date for putting forward a tender is the 28 of February 2014
The link to the tender is available here.