The call for the Health Innovation Challenge Fund expires on 2 September 2013 and is the last chance to apply under the current areas of interest.
The Health Innovation Challenge Fund (HICF) is a joint funding initiative between the Wellcome Trust and the UK Department of Health.
HICF aims to stimulate the creation of innovative healthcare products, technologies and interventions, and facilitate their development for the benefit of patients in the NHS and beyond. With this current call, quality applications from UK-based researchers from both academia and companies are invited in five theme areas:
- Clinical applications of genetics
- Early detection and diagnosis of chronic illness or long-term conditions
- Minimising the impact of trauma and serious injury
- Informing clinical management through software-based analysis of complex datasets
- Repurposing of medicines and medical devices